TA AGM 2003
A weekend meeting at Alston Hall near Preston - 2003 October 10 - 12
- Friday evening
- 17:00 Attendees begin to arrive and settle in. For those travelling
north up the M6 it would be prudent to allow plenty of time to travel as
there are usually significant hold ups on Friday afternoons. Members can
check in at Alston Hall any time during the afternoon.
- 19:00 Dinner
- 20:30 Introduction to the weekend: D.G.Buczynski
- 20:40 Dr John Mason (BAA) "Lectures to Astronomical Societies: Personal
- 21:40 Free time discussions in the bar
- Saturday morning
- 08:30 Breakfast
- 09:30 Guy Hurst (TA editor) "The 2003 TA annual review"
- 10:15 TA team Mastermind Quiz (1)
- 11:00 Morning coffee
- 11:45 Dr Petr Pravec (Ondrejov Observatory Czech Republic) "Asteroid
Photometry - from lightcurve measurements to physical parameters"
- 13:00 Lunch
- Saturday afternoon
- 14:30 Dr Petr Pravec workshop and discussion of his work on Asteroid
- 15:30 TA team Mastermind Quiz (2)
- 16:00 Afternoon tea
- 16:30 Dr Donald Kurtz (University of Central Lancashire)
"Asteroseismology: the real music of the spheres"
- 17:30 Free time /visit University of Central Lancashire''s Observatories
and teaching labs
- 19:30 Dinner
- 20:30 David Ratledge (Bolton AS) "CCD imaging of unusual galaxies and
- 21:30 Free time more discussions in the bar
- Sunday morning
- 09:15 Breakfast
- 10:15 TA team Mastermind Quiz (3)
- 10:45 Tom Boles (BAA President elect) " The UK Supernova patrol: 100 up"
- 11:30 Morning coffee
- 12:00 Martin Mobberley (TA and BAA) " Webcam imaging of the Planets:
Mars and others"
- 13:00 Lunch
- Sunday afternoon
- 14:15 TA team Mastermind (4)
- 14:45 Professor Lionel Wilson (University of Lancaster) "The search for
water on Mars"
- 15:45 Afternoon tea
- Weekend closes
Photos by Nick James and Arthur Missira.
Page last updated:
Tue Oct 21 19:59:45 BST 2003