The re-scheduled 2018 TA annual meeting will now take place on Saturday 13th April 2019 at St Mary’s Church Hall, Goat Lane, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG21 7PZ. Existing bookings will be carried forward unless you advise Guy Hurst to the contrary. A new booking form will be available nearer to the meeting for those who have yet to book.
The planned list of speakers for the meeting are:
- Annual TA Report and Future Plans: Guy Hurst (Editor)
- BAA’s Exoplanet Initiative: Roger Dymock
- The Violently variable high-energy Universe: Professor Ian McHardy (School of Physics & Astronomy University of Southampton)
- The Wonders of Supernova Explosions: Dr. Cosimo Inserra (School of physics and Astronomy, Cardiff University)
- Comets, their observation using a CCD and telescope (speaker to be confirmed)
Note that non-subscribers are all welcome to the meeting. We can also offer a complimentary supply of 12 monthly pdf issues to non-subscribers attending this meeting. (Renewal optional at normal rates). We can also offer the same pdf version for 12 months, if you have been a subscriber in the past but lapsed more than two years ago.