- TA details
- Magazine index
- Our history
- Contact details
- Discovery procedure
- Meeting reports
- Youtube channel
- Members' services
- E-circular archive
- On-line charts
- Chart catalogue
- Special publications
- Back issues
- Advertising rates
- Deep sky
- Gamma Ray Bursts
- Minor planets
- JPL Horizons
- IAU Central Bureau
- Minor Planet Center
- Heavens Above
- Further links
Advertising in The Astronomer
The Astronomer is one of the world's leading observational report magazines.
It was founded in 1964 and has been issued monthly since then, keeping active
observers throughout the world up to date with events in the sky.
Subscribers also receive the latest news of astronomical discoveries
via email circulars. There are approximately 250 subscribers although many
are libraries and directors of international observing groups so the readership
level is rather higher.
Opportunities to advertising in The Astronomer include:
In all cases, payment is required in advance.
- In the magazine at £50 for a whole A4 page, £25 for a half page & £15 for a quarter page per issue. There is a discount for three or more adverts in successive magazine issues.
- Loose leaflets included with the magazine. An A4 format leaflet costs £50 per issue plus any additional postage we incur depending on weight. Please contact the editor for details.
- Text link to your website from our website home page at £15 per quarter.
- Text link to your web pages hosted on our site at £30 per quarter.
- A graphical banner link to your site at £60 per quarter.
Further information can be obtained from
Peter Meadows, Secretary, or Guy Hurst, Editor. Addresses can be found on the